C. Bryant Boydstun, Jr.,
Mr. Boydstun is a member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association and has served as the Secretary and the Treasurer of the Association as well as the Editor of it's newsletter. He is currently a member of the trial practice section. He is a member of the Florida Bar Association and has served on Grievance Committee 6C, the 6th Circuit (Chair) and Statewide UPL Committees, the Client Security Fund, and the Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee. He is a member of the trial practice section. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates and a past President of the Tampa Bay Chapter.
His community activities have included membership in the St. Petersburg Kiwanis Club (past President), the St Petersburg and Florida Chambers of Commerce (graduate of Leadership St. Petersburg and Leadership Florida) and the Code Enforcement Board of the City of St. Petersburg (Chair).
Mr. Boydstun holds an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell and is Board Certified on Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar. He has been chosen by his peers for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers since 2006. He has handled cases in every major circuit in Florida over the years. He formerly served as statewide counsel for a manufacturer in the asbestos litigation and represented some 600 women in the silicone breast implant litigation in Florida. He has handled a number of sexual abuse cases on both the plaintiff and defense sides as well as hundreds of auto accident matters. He has tried complex multi party injury cases, one of which took 3 months to complete. In recent years he has been heavily involved in defending sinkhole claims through trial for various homeowners carriers.
Mr. Boydstun currently focuses his practice on first party insurance defense work and commercial litigation.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1974
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- B.A. - 1971
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: History
- Marone Law Group, Partner, 2013 to 2020
- Lyle & Skipper, P.A. in St. Petersburg, Partner
- Fisher & Sauls, P.A. in St. Petersburg, Partner
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Sigma Kappa
- Phi Alpha Delta
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Past President Tampa Bay Chapter, Present
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Practice, Florida Bar, 1986
Current Employment Position
- Insurance Defense 80%
- Commercial Litigation 20%
- Florida, 1974
- Tennessee (inactive)
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Richard T Earle Jr, Professionalism Award from the Barney Masterson Inns of Court, 2010