Megan R. Michalski is a Partner with Zinober, Diana, & Monteverde, P.A. Her areas of practice include first and third party property and casualty defense and insurance coverage counsel. Prior to joining Zinober, Diana, & Monteverde, P.A., Megan was an associate attorney at a prominent local insurance defense firm for several years, where she handled first-party property and casualty defense. Previously, Megan spent several years as an associate at a national creditors rights firm litigating on behalf of large national financial institutions.
Megan received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, along with minors in History and Spanish, from the University of Florida. She received her law degree from Stetson University College of Law in 2012. At Stetson, Megan received Certificates in Trial Advocacy and Leadership and served in various leadership roles. She was the recipient of the Paul Barnard Award for Clinic Excellence for her work as a Certified Legal Intern in the Office of the Public Defender of the Sixth Judicial Circuit.
Megan is a St. Petersburg native and is an active member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association. Megan previously served as the Chair of the Civil Trial section of the St. Petersburg Bar Association. She is a past president of the Junior League of St. Petersburg and of the Patrick Brett Foundation. She formerly served on the Board of Directors for the Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Tampa Bay, as the Chair of Young Floridians for Opportunity, and on the Gala Committee for the Drug Free America Foundation. She is a member of the Mainsail Art Festival Committee.
In her free time, Megan enjoys spending time with her wonderful husband, Lucas, and their two dogs, Max and Buster.
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- J.D. – 2012
- Honors: Certificates in Trial Advocacy and Leadership
- Honors: Recipient of the Paul Barnard Award for Clinic Excellence
- Honors: Certified Legal Intern in the Office of the Public Defender of the Sixth Judicial Circuit
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A. – 2010
- Major: Political Science
- Patrick Brett Foundation, President
- Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Tampa Bay, Board of Directors
- Young Floridians for Opportunity, Chair
- Mainsail Art Festival, Volunteer Coordinator
- Drug Free America Foundation, Gala Committee
- Marone Law Group, Attorney, 2016 to 2020
- Albertelli Law, Attorney, 2013 to 2016
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Civil Trial Section Vice Chair, 2020 to Present
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- The Federalist Society, Member, 2018 to Present
- National Association of Parliamentarians, Member, 2019 to Present
Current Employment Position
- First Party Property Defense 80%
- Third Party Property Defense 10%
- Bad Faith Litigation Defense 5%
- General Civil Litigation 5%
- Florida, 2013
- Paul Barnard Award for Clinic Excellence, 2012